Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Thanks Mom!

We were recently able to make some home improvements with the help from my mom. She always said if she could, she would "do this and that" to her childrens homes. So, when my sister and I recieved out inheritance, we decided what better way to honor my mom's wishes than to do just that! Chris and I were able to put new carpet upstairs, install hardwood downstairs, get new windows and FINALLY a new front door! In addition, we purchased a new sofa and dining table. I wish I had before photos to compare how blah and empty our house was before. My mom would be so happy and proud; I think she would have moved right in! Thank you mom for giving us the opportunity to make our house a HOME! I love you!

The front of our house.
The door used to be scraped metal with bits of red paint thanks to handy husband, Chris. But now, we have a nice, even colored, fiberglass door!


The entry display.


Our dining room complete with table!


Our living room. I am working on getting stuff on the walls!


The den which currently houses the pool table.
Notice the new french style sliding glass door!


The new garden window in the kitchen. What a great view, hugh?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted pictures of your house. It's really nice! Sorry we haven't been over to see it in person. One day I promise!

    ReplyDelete